Nathan K. March
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota | Manager, Marketing 2020 - Current
Marketing Manager within the Communications and Marketing Department at State College of Florida. Responsible for guiding marketing team through projects from ideation to implementation and personally authoring internal executive communication.
· Interact with internal clients and external vendors to complete projects within designated timelines while staying within or under assigned budget.
· Frontline communicator with director-level staff from other departments and assistant liaison to assigned Senior VP level staff to achieve internal communication and external marketing goals.
· Maintain critical department and institution documents, including marketing production log and college catalog.
· Editor of all content and graphics with final oversite of the appearance of all marketing material prior to submitting for client approval and external publication.
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota |Coordinator, Creative Content 2019 - 2020
Creative Content Coordinator for Communications and Marketing at State College of Florida. Responsible for all written content in marketing materials and press releases.
· Led creative briefing sessions with designers, senior staff and clients to establish concepts for marketing campaigns.
· Lead copywriter for all marketing materials, press releases and scripts for radio/video advertising.
· Fact checker and first editor of all material put through graphics prior to publication.
· Projects earned between 10 and 20 regional or national awards each year.
· Supported social media and website efforts as a secondary editor for both our digital content coordinator and webmaster.
Pittsburgh Pirates | Manager, Communications and In-Game Presentation 2017 - 2019
Public relations lead, secondary marketing contact and head of in-game entertainment elements for Pittsburgh Pirates Spring Training and all Florida-based Pirates minor league operations.
· Managed all public relations and communications originating from Pirate City and the LECOM Park Spring Training facility.
· Hired and supervised producers, camera operators, audio engineers and replay operators for in-game presentation.
· Responsible for writing and editing all public address content, including advertisements and PSAs.
· Launched the Florida State League’s first and to date only minor league video streaming operation.
· Supported business to business sales efforts as a proposal writer for sponsorship contracts and account representative to related vendors.
Pittsburgh Pirates | Coordinator of Communications and Broadcasting 2012 - 2017
Public relations, marketing and radio broadcasting fell under this position.
· Lead writer for all broadcast related materials, primary press release author and broadcaster for 140-game Florida State League season.
· Supported public relations initiatives for Pirates Spring Training.
· Liaison to league office and other minor league affiliates to encourage scaling of public relations efforts.
· Responsible for all PR and broadcasting operations for the 2014 Florida State League All-Star Game, which achieved a top-five all-time attendance mark in league history.
Central New York Radio Group | News Director 2011 - 2012
Lead writer and news anchor for three Oneonta, NY based radio stations. Supporting reporter and sports broadcaster for a full seven-station radio group.
- Wrote and edited all news scripts for on-air presentation.
- Coordinated the efforts of two reporters in neighboring counties.
- Provided live sports play-by-play at several local high schools and Colgate University.
Colgate University | Athletics Department Broadcast Assistant 2010 - 2011
Part-time employment for sports information and broadcasting.
- Write scripts for live coach’s shows; host and engineer broadcasts live from the site.
- Provide live commentary of sporting events.
- Assist the sports information staff.
Ithaca College 2007-2011
Ithaca College 2007-2011
B.A. Social Studies